XSquawkBox 2.1 Changelog¶
For updates before 2.0, please refer to the README file included with the release
- Update to AFV-Native 1.1.0:
- Implement the new effects processing used in the .NET AFV.
- Fixed a bug where the Enable Effects checkbox in Setup Audio did nothing! (It was persisted, and it toggled the internal flag, but we never actually set the effects state in AFV-Native!)
2.0 (stable) (2020-03-29)¶
- Fixed a cosmetic bug where XSB OBSs would register themselves as servicing 99.998MHz instead of VATSIM’s standard 199.998MHz.
- We now mangle the malformed .x20 and .x70 frequencies to their correct form when displayed, and normalise all frequency usage correctly for the respective service. Hopefully this ends the confusion over what to tune, and radios not working as expected.
- We also now normalise the HF Alias list to ensure we match frequencies correctly due to the discovery that not only did our behaviour not match the expected one for .x25/.x75 aliases, but the actual alias list itself contained inconsistencies.
- Make sure that command-entered frequencies (
///) are rounded to valid channels.
- Verbosely report when we’re connecting and disconnecting from VATSIM AFV (Voice) as AFV service issues causing silent failures have been confusing endusers.
- AFV-Native: Disable Nagle (where possible) on http connections per insistence of the AFV team. This is expected to be zero net change as curl buffers HTTP requests properly, but will eliminate any edge-cases where the AFV servers delayed ACK can cause a short (200ms) delay in finishing a HTTP POST.
2.0 beta 6 (2020-02-29)¶
- Alas, another beta due to the two bugs (one major) dealt with in this release.
- Fixed a bug in the HF frequency aliasing where we weren’t correcting the frequency scale (KHz vs Hz) during the lookup. Oceanic should now work with voice.
- Treat Voice server timeouts the same as disconnects so they’re automatically reconnected, rather than disabling the whole voice system until the next explicit reconnect.
- Report Voice server errors as a System Message so they’re more obvious.
- Reenabled the use of
xsquawkbox/input/stringto pass input to other plugins for processing.
- Update to AFV-Native 0.9.5:
- Fixed a bug where the reported audiable channels count wasn’t initialised inbetween creating the radio simulation state, and the first network update. (Cosmetic only)
2.0 beta 5 hotfix 1 (2020-02-01)¶
- Reincorproate the fix from beta 4 hotfix 2 to not include AVX instructions in the non-AVX execution paths.
2.0 beta 5 (2020-02-01)¶
- We do not perform time dilation detection for external flight model and OBS users anymore. These restrictions were more from oversight than intent.
- Time Dilation is now warned correctly after a soft reset of the time dilation pool. (The actual behaviour was correct, we just weren’t warning properly).
- Don’t produce a “your simulator is good” message unless we’ve produced a warning first.
- Expose the time dilation detector pool remaining as a percentage and current detected fast/slow state via dataref.
- Export some of our datarefs to DRE/DRT to make them easier to inspect, and to make that inspection reliable across all platforms.
- Harden the ACCONFIG parser and tidy up our own output slightly to avoid potential undefined behaviours including random crashes when connected.
- Fixes a bug where a run-time change of aircraft in AI slots could trip a disconnect without warning due to ignoring the plane identity slot of
- Fixes a bug where we reset the ACCONFIG internal model state every time we saw a
XPLM_MSG_PLANE_LOADEDmessage, irrespective if it was for our plane or for an AI slot.
- Linux builds are now being performed on Ubuntu 18.04 (rather than 16.04).
- Updated to AFV-Native 0.9.4 (build-chain and dependency version updates only)
2.0 beta 4 hotfix 2 (2020-01-01)¶
- Fix a build issue with libopus that was producing AVX instructions in the non-AVX execution paths on macOS and probably on Linux too.
2.0 beta 4 hotfix 1 (2019-12-30)¶
- Fix a build issue with portaudio that produced a hard dependency on macOS 10.15
2.0 beta 4 (2019-12-29)¶
- Made the volume controls work more naturally (volume reduction sounds more gradual making the volume control significantly more useful)
- Fixed an oversight where the Radio effects enable/disable state wasn’t being saved to preferences.
- Update to AFV-Native 0.9.3:
- Reverted to portaudio
- Various small improvements.
- Attempt to fix the behaviour around CryptoDTO session timeout/renewal.
- Fixed race condition in audio processing when API session renewal occurred.
- Expose voice stack debugging information via dataref so we can chart it and determine if certain things are behaving correctly.
2.0 beta 3 (2019-11-28)¶
- Due to changes in AFV-Native, we no longer assume default devices are known. If you haven’t selected an audio device, and audio is enabled, you’ll get an error/warning on start-up and during connect and voice will be disabled until devices are set correctly.
- Fixed Windows build to use the statically linked C++ runtime, removing the accidental dependency on the Visual C++ 2019 redistributable.
- From AFV-Native: Fixed a bug where we’d under-fill the output buffer if we started an output stream, without a source attached (such as when XSB runs run the peak test).
- From AFV-Native: changed the audio interface (again) from portaudio to libsoundio
- Fixed the name libxplanemp presents as - log messages should correctly read “XSB” instead of “A PLUGIN” again. :)
- Re-add a “disable_voice” config flag for use with multi-system rendering set-ups.
- AFV-Native’s logging now comes through XSB into the X-Plane logs - one less logfile.
2.0 beta 2 (2019-11-05)¶
- Fixed a logic inversion that prevented the text-radio from working.
- From AFV-Native: Reworked the audio device logic slightly so we should be able to find a working device even when the default doesn’t work.
- From libxplanemp: Re-enabled Async OBJ8 loading.
- From AFV-Native: Fixed build issue that was causing speexdsp to use dynamic linking instead of static linking on MacOS and Linux
- Attempted to fix the MacOS minimum required version and get it back down to 10.9, rather than 10.13.
2.0 beta 1 (2019-11-01)¶
- Integrated AFV-Native to support the new VATSIM Audio Platform. The AFV implementation (AFV-Native) and its integration represents 1-month of full-time professional development effort. AFV-Native will be open-sourced in short order.
- We now support sending and receiving text radio messages on COM2.
- The old keyboard/button-intercept code is gone - There’s now a series of bindable commands in the
xsquawkbox/namespace which replace them. You’ll need to bind this by hand after upgrading!
.txcommands to provide access to the radio audio panel controls in models that do not have the right datarefs hooked up.
- Switched to using the 8.33KHz spacing radio datarefs for future 8.33Khz frequency spacing support.
- From libxplanemp: Fixed a bug that was causing asynchronous OBJ7 loads to crash the simulator.
- XSquawkBox is now a two man effort - please thank Jared Davison for adding his assistance to the client.
- From libxplanemp: Fix for the MSAA text size bug.
- From libxplanemp: Fix for the texture handle bug with specific versions of the FF A320.
- From libxplanemp: Removed OpenGL state readbacks to avoid driver stalls.
- From libxplanemp: Fixed bug where libxplanemp tries to control AI aircraft when it didn’t have exclusive control over the AI aircraft system.
- From libxplanemp: Obey simulator’s anisotropic filtering setting when loading textures for legacy CSLs.
- Observer Mode Support.
- Aircraft Configuration State Visibility with Ground Level Correction.
- Aural notifications on direct message and wallops.
- Time Dilation safety check and enforcement.
- Automatic Disconnect on slew and aircraft model change.